Wednesday, March 28, 2012

No, No, No!

He's learned the power of "no".  I think its super cute right now, I’m sure there will come a day I wish he could unlearn “No!”. 

I don’t think I say “No” more than 3 times in a row and 3 times is usually reserved for the final time.  It usually goes like this:

“No, Jimmy.”
“That’s a No-No!”
“No, No, NO!”
I’ll do my best to get a video of it soon but until then you’ll just have to take my word for it that its really adorable.  Sometimes he uses it perfectly and makes me gasp in shock. 

Example:  The other day he got into the cloth diapers and was flinging the inserts around his room.  I said “Jimmy! Put those back right now!” so he started gathering them up and trying to put them back and I helped him of course.  Then before I could remind him that it was a “no-no” he shook his cute little finger at the cloth diapers and said “No, No, No!”

Other times he says it very disrespectfully to Mamma and Daddy but we still laugh because it’s just really too cute.

We asked him the other day if he wanted “pow-pow” for doing or not doing something (one or the other) and we almost fell out of our chairs when he popped his own hiney!! 

In other news his Grannie and Grandpa bought him an inflatable pool the other day and Saturday was the perfect weather to play in the water.  So I blew it up and filled it up with hose water and then dumped a few buckets of hot water from the tub in it to make it warm water and it was ready.  Jimmy hadn’t had a nap all day and he was a very tired little boy but he was hanging in there and wanted to know what this pool thing was all about.  I got all of his bath toys out there, put a cloth diaper on him and smothered him in sunscreen and helped him into the pool. 

It was a little deeper than he was used to and I left his t-shirt on so I don’t think he was used to the feeling of wet clothes…so he wouldn’t sit down.  He played in the water for about 15 or 20 minutes, throwing his toys out of the pool.  Then getting out, gathering them up and throwing them back in the pool.  He’s still little enough that he didn’t know he could get into the pool by himself so he always waited for me to help him in.

I kicked myself for not getting any pictures but I have a feeling he’ll be spending a lot of time in that pool so I’ll get some soon and when I do you can bet I’ll share!

1 comment:

  1. He's a little darling!!!!! I laugh, smile & grin just thinking about him!

    ReplyDelete