Saturday, June 16, 2012

New Big Brother

He's a big brother!  He came home from Grannie and Grandpa's house the day after Joey was born and somehow overnight he'd transformed into a big boy.  He even looked different to me.

He didn't really know what to make of this little baby that had come to stay at his house.  He mostly ignored him the first week but didn't seem to be jealous at all.

Little Angels

The second week, this week, he's been a lot more interested in what's going on with the baby.  He gets concerned if Joey's crying and no one seems to be doing anything about it and tries to shove the pacifier in his mouth.

He's been giving him lots of knuckles and lots of kisses and just generally being really sweet to him.  Although last night he came and "helped" me burp Joey - which I think was just an excuse to pound on him.

Today Joey had a blow-out and ended up getting his first real bath.  I thought this picture summed up Jimmy as a big brother perfectly at this stage!!

Jimmy: New Big Brother

1 comment:

  1. Oh I just love this! They are two peas in a pod! I love hearing about them and remembering everything I learn in psychology-- how siblings are good for one another. I'm sure Jimmy will get to know Joey better than you in some special ways eventually. It makes me cry every time I come to your blog. I must be going through a stage because I don't react this way towards anyone else's baby boys. It must be because they are yours. :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete